Well, we’re not giving up. We’re looking for graphic designers who’re equally at home with print and digital projects and maybe even know how to art direct a video. Maybe you’re as good at coming up with concepts as making things look great. You keep up with design trends. You meet deadlines. You work well with writers and web developers and account executives and clients.
If we had our druthers, we’d also want our new designer to have:
- 2-5 years’ ad agency (or equivalent) experience
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- A keen eye for typography and impeccable taste in layout
- Knowledge of basic HTML/CSS and WordPress
- UI/UX design experience, including mobile/responsive design
- Basic familiarity with printing and production
- The ability (and perverse desire) to work on about seven things at once
In exchange, we’ll give you a fair salary and a nice package of benefits. And you’ll get to work with a whole bunch of interesting people at our offices in beautiful Fountain Square, which will make you the envy of your peers (if you have any).
If you have sighted this sort of designer—better still, if you are this sort of designer—please send your resume and salary requirements to Matt Gonzales, associate creative director, at email@example.com. We know you’re a rare creature. But then, this is a rare opportunity.
Photo by Pradigue (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0-2.5-2.0-1.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons.