A graphic designer works on conceptual/strategic ideas focusing on the visual aspects of a project. Designers are responsible for bringing design solutions to life which are in line with marketing/brand strategies and business goals for print, digital and other visual creative needs. They should possess in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques and also be able to communicate with other designers/production designers for projects efficiently.
Reports to: Associate Creative Director
Position Type: Full-time, salaried
Expected Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or equivalent. Flexible/hybrid office environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborating with copywriters/creative partners to help develop compelling on brand visual solutions
- Overseeing all design elements, from the conception to final delivery
- Maintaining high standards of quality and making sure only on brief work is released to client
- Staying within project timing and budget
- Adhering to all final art production and archiving standards
- Collaborating across the organization to drive up standards of creativity.
Skills and Experience:
- 0-4 years of tenure
- Intimate knowledge of design, layout, color and typographic principles for effective visual communication
- Able to fully utilize Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and other software and tools as needed for projects
- Able to work independently and within creative teams for projects
- Able to fulfill responsibilities with moderate-to-little oversight
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, digital cameras, and scanners. Additionally, the role may use video and/or audio editing software and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
Travel is extremely limited but may be required for out-of-state client projects and meetings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.