Well Done provides strategic and integrated marketing solutions for clients who share our goal of making the world a better place. Whether it’s health care, education, energy, the public sector, or something else, as long as it’s championing a better tomorrow, we consider it a privilege to rally around it.
Why Well Done
We know we’re only as good as the people we surround ourselves with, which is why we make sure our employees know they’re valued.
- Market adjusted salaries
- Flexible PTO
- Home office stipend
- Robust health and medical plan
- Annual wellness stipend
- Annual professional development stipend
- 401K plan with a 4% match effective day one
We’re committed to growing, too. Not just as it relates to clients and work (though we are), but as a team and citizens. In 2020, we joined other key community members in signing the Indy Racial Equity Pledge, which we continue to hold ourselves publicly accountable to. In 2022, we became a WBE (Women Business Enterprise) of the City of Indianapolis, and empowered our DEI Committee to audit our current practices and implement an agency-wide action plan.
When it comes to the day-to-day, we’ve embraced a hybrid office model so our employees can work from home when they want or need to. But we also love to see each other at our well-stocked, dog-friendly office in the Fountain Fletcher District of Indianapolis.
There’s more, of course: chili cook-off’s, a kickball league, a book club for banned books, and a lot more that just has to be experienced firsthand—because sometimes you just have to be here to truly grasp the Well Done way.
If you’re a talented developer who’s interested in doing meaningful work alongside other passionate and affirming humans, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Assist in performing scheduled maintenance on all websites on a monthly basis.
- Assist in content uploading to websites.
- Perform quality assurance testing on completed development projects.
- Assist in maintaining department documentation.
- Minor bug fixes and feature additions.
Skills & Experience
- Entry level knowledge of the WordPress platform
- Entry level knowledge of Linux web server environments (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Understanding of version control and how it pertains to web development (Git)
- Experience with Microsoft Office application suite
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with web content creation and the design and layout of web pages
- Adept at time management and organization
- Effective member of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite of products
This is an entry level position to provide real world experience to an individual interested in digital marketing and web development in an advertising agency setting. Intern developers will be a support role to the rest of the digital marketing team as a whole and specifically the development team on a day to day basis. Candidates should demonstrate excellent time management skills and have the ability to switch between tasks in a fast paced environment.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, digital cameras, and scanners. Additionally, the web department is a Mac only shop. We utilize open source software solutions such as WordPress, React, Angular and Laravel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
Travel may be limited for client meetings or other agency activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reports to: Josh Apgar, VP of Web Services
Position Type: Part-time; hourly paid internship
Expected Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, Flexible schedule equivalent to 20 hours/wk. as agreed with management
Internship Duration: 12 weeks/240 hrs. from May 21, 2023 – Aug 11, 2023 (approx. dates)
Degree Track: Must be a registered student working towards a degree in in Web Development