This position leads the digital marketing department in developing and producing all digital efforts for clients and the agency. This person is responsible for applying the agency’s digital capabilities through appropriate strategies to build and enhance clients’ digital strengths.
Reports to: Vice President of Strategic Services
Position Type: Full-time, salaried
Expected Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or equivalent. Flexible/hybrid office environment.
- Directs the digital team in creating and implementing multi-channel digital marketing campaigns, including landing page optimization, PPC campaigns, website information architecture and sitemaps, digital and mobile communications, email campaigns with A/B testing, and SEO.
- Understands and advises clients and the agency on digital and social reach, engagement, and best practices to reach consumers, employees, and other key stakeholders.
- Provides analytics reporting to clients and the agency on a regular basis and makes strategic data-based recommendations for clients and/or agency digital marketing and advertising.
- Works with VP of Client Service and VP of Strategic Services to grow the agency’s book of business, identify prospective new clients, and attend prospect meetings and presentations as needed.
- Works with the Client Service team to identify and develop digital strategies and project ideas for clients.
- Researches audience behaviors, keywords, search ranking, social media sentiment, and website and digital platform content, functionality, and user experience as needed for use in proposals and marketing plans.
- Maintains Google Partner certification, as well as suite of software and tracking services as needed to fulfill these duties.
- Serves on the Directors team, assists with overall agency and team growth, identifies new services and opportunities, and develops management skills.
- Stays up-to-date on the latest digital, marketing, and advertising research and trends, and shares industry information with clients, especially as it relates to viable new projects.
- Continually refines and documents the digital strategy processes in a manner that is understandable and allows for training and/or handling responsibilities during vacation or extended absences.
Skills & Experience
- 5- to 8-years’ digital marketing experience required, agency experience preferred
- Strong research, data analysis, and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Proficiency with budget and time management
- Proficient with Google Ads, Analytics, and advanced Google search tactics
- Experience with Moz, SEMrush, SharedCount, Screaming Frog, and other web-based tools
- Experience with organic and paid campaigns and analytics for social media platforms including (but not limited to) Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite of products
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, digital cameras, and scanners.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.