The public relations manager will support day-to-day public relations work across the agency. The individual in this position will work closely with the director of public relations to grow our service to clients through strategic planning, community relations, and internal/external communications. This position will help proactively move the agency forward.
Reports to: Director of Public Relations
Position Type: Full-time, salaried
Expected Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or equivalent. Flexible/hybrid office environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with Director of Public Relations on strategic planning, creation, and implementation of all public relations campaigns, programs, and publicity activities for the agency and its clients using all appropriate media and communications channels.
- Works with Director of Public Relations to identify and pursue new strategic partnerships on behalf of clients and/or the agency.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with members of the media, community representatives, public interest groups, and others on behalf of clients and/or agency.
- Works with Director of Public Relations to develop and write scripts, backgrounders, opinion pieces, news releases, blog posts, social media content, and other forms of communication for the agency and its clients.
- Generates and promotes ideas/information aimed at gaining support for client goals and policies from key audiences such as local stakeholders, media, bloggers and influencers.
- Develops and implements editorial calendars as assigned to ensure consistency and appropriate timing within the communication strategy for the agency and its clients.
- Researches audiences, media coverage, and social media sentiment as needed to ensure copy reflects the agency’s and its clients’ industry and geographic environment.
- Contributes to the agency blog and agency newsletter as needed.
- Participates in client meetings and presentations as appropriate.
- Represents the agency in the community as appropriate.
- Provides backup for proofreading and editing as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- 3- to 5-years public relations or community relations experience required, agency experience preferred
- Accreditation and/or degree in public relations, communications, and/or journalism
- Knowledge of social and civic stakeholder relations in Indiana and beyond
- Strong communications and writing skills through multiple channels including, but not limited to, media relations, social media, print, video, and photography
- Ability to present ideas, problem-solve, and deliver timely results
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities, including real-time public relations and social media needs
- Strong time and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite of products
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and scanners as well as digital camera, video equipment, and lighting kits. Well Done Marketing is a Mac-centered office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and videotaping and photography is required. This would require the ability to lift equipment and/or files, open and set-up equipment and storage cabinets. This employee is frequently required to sit and stand for extended periods of time, bend, or stand on a ladder as necessary.
Travel is limited but may be required for out-of-state client projects and meetings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.