The senior art director works on conceptual/strategic ideas across all aspects of an account. Art directors determine the overall style and tone of a project and work to ensure that vision is brought to life. The successful candidate needs to be hands on with creative development and directly oversee designers, artists, and vendors to produce graphics content for print, web, motion, interactive, and other mediums as needed.
Reports to: Associate Creative Director
Position Type: Full-time, salaried
Expected Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or equivalent. Flexible/hybrid office environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborating with copywriters/creative partners to help develop strategy, concepts and ideas that align with the brand and brief that help push long term brand growth.
- Creating, reviewing, and approving designs and other types of graphics for projects
- Managing design workflows and collaborating with designers and writers to ensure projects are delivered on time and are of quality
- Communicating with clients and/or senior management to develop an aesthetic that reflects the goals of a campaign or project
- Generating cost estimates for projects and directing photo/video production with minimal oversight
- Presenting creative concepts to clients for approval
- Helping to train and mentor junior designers, art directors and copywriters.
- Bringing in new ideas and processes that benefit the creative department
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years
- Experience planning and directing complex photo/video shoots
- Experience managing a creative team for large scale campaigns
- Expertise with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign and other job specific software and tools as well as familiarity with HTML, CSS, UX/UI
- Able to perform all Designer level responsibilities as needed for projects
- Able to fulfill responsibilities with little oversight
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, digital camera, and scanners. Additionally, the role may use video and/or audio editing software and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
Travel is limited but may be required for out-of-state client projects and meetings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.