This position is responsible for concepting, copywriting, proofreading, and participation in overall brand strategy. It also includes the opportunity to work on audio/video production in a producer role. You will work closely with other creative department members on content to be used in the production of marketing and public relations products that help the agency and its clients accomplish their goals.
Reports to: Associate Creative Director / Creative Director
Position Type: Full-time
Expected Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists ACDs/CD in upholding the quality of the agency’s creative product and ensuring it achieves the agency and/or clients’ goals.
- Participates in client presentations, helping to defend and rationalize creative work.
- Helps mentor more junior writers by identifying opportunities for growth, providing constructive feedback, and encouraging open communication, creative thinking, and trust within and between departments.
- Works in collaboration with other teams to brainstorm ideas and develop and/or produce advertising and marketing tactics and campaigns for agency clients.
- Participates in on-site video production, including edit sessions, to create compelling content.
- Researches clients’ products, services, and competitors to ensure ability to write compelling, accurate, and persuasive copy for assigned
- Edits text written by outsourced copywriters and in-house contributors to ensure quality and consistency with clients’ style guides and agency house
- Proofreads and fact-checks copy/content from other in the agency for spelling, usage, and
- Contributes to the agency blog regularly and assists on the agency newsletter as
- Assists in writing new business proposals and agency publicity materials as
- Archives and maintains all files in accordance with creative team
- Participates in client and prospect meetings and presentations as
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years professional writing experience required, agency experience required
- A degree in communications, English, journalism, advertising is preferred, but not required
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships in cross-functional teams
- Ability to present ideas, negotiate, problem-solve, and deliver timely results
- Works well under pressure and confidently reacts to challenges and changes
- Experience with video and/or audio editing software and equipment is preferred
- Experience in MailChimp design and content management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite of products
- Experience with project management software
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, digital camera, and scanners. Additionally, the role may use video and/or audio editing software and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
Travel is limited but may be required for client projects and meetings or professional development.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.